Do you remember how you felt on Wednesday, November 9th, 2016? Pretty helpless and hopeless and angry, right? We are 2 weeks from being able to begin to reverse the course.
But, we haven't "got this", there is no blue wave magically heading our way just because we want it to happen. In the last mid-term election only 36% of Cass County voted and we lost, again. We lost experience and competence.
If our voters get out and vote we will win. Remember we helped defeat Prop A Right to Work by 66% in Cass County, we've watched as Trump's ratings have plummeted, yes, even in Missouri. We just have to get out and get our voters to the polls November 6th and then we do have this and there will be a Blue Wave!
Join us Thursday night, October 25th at Brewbaker's in Belton. 6:00 Dinner, 7:00 meeting.
Get Out the Vote Cass County
We've marched, we've called our members of Congress and we've posted all over social media NOW it's time to get your family, friends, and neighbors to the polls to VOTE on November 6th.
Between now and November 6th we'll be canvassing, making phone calls, writing postcards and dropping literature all over Cass County, but we NEED your participation to reach our goals.
Come to our headquarters in Peculiar between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm Monday thru Friday and 10:00 am until 5:00 pm on Saturdays to Get Out the Vote.
Do you still need to register to vote? (Deadline October 10th)
Register at the County Clerks Office in person - 102 E. Wall, Harrisonville, MO
Register at the DMV in person - 325 Main St, Belton, MO
Do you need an Absentee Ballot?
Mail or fax form OR vote absentee in person at:
Cass County, County Clerk's Office
102 E. Wall, Harrisonville, MO 64701
FAX (816) 380-8101
Acceptable Voter ID in Missouri
Do you need assistance voting? Do you need a ride to your polling location or to vote absentee?
At our meeting Thursday night the Cass County Central Democratic Committee voted to endorse the following measures on the November 6th Ballot:
Amendment 1 - Clean Missouri
- Eliminate almost all lobbyist gifts in the General Assembly
- Require that legislative records be open to the public
- Lower campaign contribution limits for state legislative candidates
- Require politicians to wait two years before becoming lobbyists
- Ensure that neither political party is given an unfair advantage when new maps are drawn after the next census
Amendment 2 - New Approach Missouri
- allow the use of marijuana for medical purposes, and create regulations and licensing/certification procedures for marijuana and marijuana facilities;
- impose a 4 percent tax on the retail sale of marijuana; and
- use funds from these taxes for health and care services for military veterans by the Missouri Veterans Commission and to administer the program to license/certify and regulate marijuana and marijuana facilities
Proposition B - Raise Up MO
- increase the state minimum wage to $8.60 per hour with 85 cents per hour increase each year until 2023, when the state minimum wage would be $12.00 per hour;
- exempt government employers from the above increase; and
- increase the penalty for paying employees less than the minimum wage
It's time to KNOCK ALL THE DOORS for our Democratic candidates in Cass County. There will be a short training session before we head out.
If this is your first time canvassing, no worries, we'll pair you with a veteran. See you on the 29th at 10:00am!
Cass County Democratic Headquarters
Wondering about all those amendments and propositions appearing on the November 6th ballot? We'll be joined by Wilson Vance to talk with us about Prop B (Raise the Wage) and Alejo Gonzalez who'll speak on Amendment 1 (Clean Missouri). We also welcome back Jen Shockley to talk about the 3 medical marijuana issues on the ballot.
After our speakers, we will vote on whether or not to give our endorsement to any of the amendments and propositions appearing on the November 6th ballot.
NOTICE, we're back at Brewbaker's' this month. See you on the 27th!
Please join us this Tuesday night, September 4th, from 5-7pm as we celebrate the opening of our 2018 Headquarters at Sanders Corner in Peculiar. We've got yard signs, literature and LOTS of volunteer opportunities. Bring your favorite simple finger food, we'll provide beverages. See you Tuesday!
Here's your chance to show off those pie-baking skills and help out a great candidate for House District 33 here in Cass County.
Hot Dogs and the fixin's will be served as you get a chance to visit with Pat. Auctioneer extraordinaire and fellow candidate for the Missouri House, Chase Crawford, will be on hand to auction off those pies!