Luke Scavuzzo is a lifelong resident of Cass County. Graduated from Harrisonville High and attended Benedictine College in Atchison, KS. He is the former owner of Scavuzzo's Price Chopper in Harrisonville. Luke served 2 terms as Missouri State Representative from 2007 to 2010. He was appointed as Associate Commissioner District 1 on January 18, 2012 and elected for that position on November, 2012 and again in November, 2014. He is a member of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church. He is married to Candace and they have 2 grown children a daughter and son.
Luke has served our community in many ways:
- Knights of Columbus
- Treasurer of the Harrisonville Athletic Booster Club
- Board Trustee for the Harrisonville Public School Foundation
- Served two terms on the Board of Directors Harrisonville Chamber of Commerce
- 10 years on the Board of Directors Harrisonville Baseball Association
- 5 years as the President of the Harrisonville Baseball Association
- Harrisonville Park Board
- Our Lady of Lourdes Parish Counsel, Finance Committee, and Building Committee.
- 2 terms (2007-2010) Missouri Legislature
- Board of Directors Mid-America Regional Council
- Board of Directors Missouri Association of Counties
- Board of Directors West Central Community Action
- Board Member University of Missouri Extension
- Vice-President of Connect Cass