Incumbent – Melody Folsom
Term – 4 years
Salary – $64,207.92
Filing begins on Feb. 25th and the filing deadline is March 31, 2020. The general election will be held on November 3, 2020. A primary is scheduled for August 4, 2020.
- 21 years of age
- Resident of the county for one year prior to date of general election
- Registered voter
- Is not delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, ---personal property taxes, real property taxes on the place of residence as stated in the declaration of candidacy
- Is not a past or present corporate officer of any fee office that owes any taxes to the state.
- Has not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America.
- Has not been convicted of or found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under the laws of Missouri or another state.
- Take the oath and enter into bond to the state of Missouri for not less than $10,000, with two or more securities, approved by the court and conditioned that the public administrator will faithfully discharge all the duties of the public administrator's office, which bond shall be given and oath of office taken on or before the first day of January following the public administrator's election
- The Public Administrator acts as the court-appointed guardian and conservator for minor, disabled or incapacitated persons. These individuals are mentally or physically disabled, suffering from dementia or Alzheimer's or under 18 and have no one to willing or able to care for them. Public Administrator's may be established as a Guardian and/or Conservator to function as a neutral party when there is conflict surrounding the management of an incapacitated person's affairs.
- Make an annual statement, under oath, of the amount of property in the public administrator's hands or under the public administrator's control as such administrator, for the purpose of ascertaining the amount of bond necessary to secure such property; and such court may from time to time, as occasion shall require, demand additional security of such administrator, and, in default of giving the same within twenty days after such demand, may remove the administrator and appoint another.
Other County Provided Benefits
- Lagers Retirement Pension- vesting at 5 years
- CERF Retirement Pension- officeholder or employee must pay 4% of earnings into this, vesting at 8 years
- County pays $425 per month toward employee/officeholder health insurance premium. Premiums differ depending on the health plan one choses.
- County pays $100 per month toward a Health Savings Account for those employees/officeholders that choose our High Deductible Health Plan.
- County pays for life insurance policy that covers $50,000 for the employee/officeholder, $5,000 for spouse, and $2,500 dependent children.
- County pays for employee/officeholder $50,000 accidental death and dismemberment policy.
- County pays for "Teledoc" mobile phone app for all employees/officeholders.
- County pays up to $150 of unreimbursed dental/vision expenses for all employees/officeholders.
- CERF Retirement Savings plan through Empower Retirement
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances through Aflac
- Legal Insurance
- Harrisonville Community Center Membership