CO Commissioner Dist. 1 (South)
(Cass Precincts 1-25, 27, 28, 20, 37)
Incumbent – Monty Kisner
CO Commissioner Dist. 2 (North)
(Cass Precincts 25, 26, 29-36, 38-47)
Incumbent – Jimmy Odom
Term - 4 years
Salary - $64,207.92
Filing begins on Feb. 25th and the filing deadline is March 31, 2020. The general election will be held on November 3, 2020. A primary is scheduled for August 4, 2020.
- Resident of the county
- Resident of district
- Registered voter
- Is not delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, ---personal property taxes, real property taxes on the place of residence as stated in the declaration of candidacy
- Is not a past or present corporate officer of any fee office that owes any taxes to the state.
- Has not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America.
- Has not been convicted of or found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under the laws of Missouri or another state.
The Cass County Commission is the executive body of Cass County operating under guidelines established in the Revised Statutes of the State of Missouri. Within that authority the Commission:
- Adopts the annual budget
- Conducts hearings on planning and zoning matters
- Enacts ordinances, resolutions, and policies
- Provides for construction and other services
- Supervises the activities of county departments
The Cass County Commission directly oversees and/or works with the following departments:
- Building Codes, Zoning, and Environmental Health
- County Maintenance
- Health Department
- Human Resources
- IT Department
- Road and Bridge Department
- University Extension
The Commission also works closely with:
- CASCO Sheltered Workshop
- Cass County Library System
- Cass County Regional Medical Center
Other County Provided Benefits
- Lagers Retirement Pension- vesting at 5 years
- CERF Retirement Pension- officeholder or employee must pay 4% of earnings into this, vesting at 8 years
- County pays $425 per month toward employee/officeholder health insurance premium. Premiums differ depending on the health plan one choses.
- County pays $100 per month toward a Health Savings Account for those employees/officeholders that choose our High Deductible Health Plan.
- County pays for life insurance policy that covers $50,000 for the employee/officeholder, $5,000 for spouse, and $2,500 dependent children.
- County pays for employee/officeholder $50,000 accidental death and dismemberment policy.
- County pays for "Teledoc" mobile phone app for all employees/officeholders.
- County pays up to $150 of unreimbursed dental/vision expenses for all employees/officeholders.
- CERF Retirement Savings plan through Empower Retirement
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances through Aflac
- Legal Insurance
- Harrisonville Community Center Membership