Come and join us as we partake in the holiday spirit on Saturday, December 8th, at the Twin Pines Country Club in Harrisonville.
We will provide Ham, Turkey, and Beverages but ask that you bring a side dish. We will be collecting cash donations for our adopted families.
If you can come, please RSVP at this link and let us know what side you are bringing. https://goo.gl/forms/92OyGP016M0m5wbC3
No matter how you celebrate the season we wish you a time of much happiness spent with those you love!
Polls are open from 6:00am until 7:00pm.
If you need a ride, help with finding your polling location or have a problem casting your ballot - CALL 816-620-4452
There have been a couple of changes to polling locations in Cass County:
Precinct 2 - Now votes at Garden City Community Center, 201 Willow Lane, Garden City (previously Dayton Community Ctr.)
Precinct 6 - Now votes at 1st Baptist Church, 302 S. Missouri, Archie (previously Everett Community Ctr.)
Precinct 8 - Now votes at Freeman Community Center, 103 E. Main St., Freeman (previously West Line Christian Church)
Precinct 34 - Now votes at Centerview Building, 227 Municipal Circle, Raymore (previously Raymore Christian Church)
Precinct 35 - Now votes at Raymore Activity Center, 1011 S. Madison, Raymore (previously 1st Baptist Church)
Precinct 20 is listed as a PO Box on the county website and should be 1007 Timber in Pleasant Hill
Look up your polling location here: Missouri Polling Locations
Come in and see how you can help between now and November 6th. If you have any questions you can call us at 816-620-4452.
Do you remember how you felt on Wednesday, November 9th, 2016? Pretty helpless and hopeless and angry, right? We are 2 weeks from being able to begin to reverse the course.
But, we haven't "got this", there is no blue wave magically heading our way just because we want it to happen. In the last mid-term election only 36% of Cass County voted and we lost, again. We lost experience and competence.
If our voters get out and vote we will win. Remember we helped defeat Prop A Right to Work by 66% in Cass County, we've watched as Trump's ratings have plummeted, yes, even in Missouri. We just have to get out and get our voters to the polls November 6th and then we do have this and there will be a Blue Wave!
Join us Thursday night, October 25th at Brewbaker's in Belton. 6:00 Dinner, 7:00 meeting.
Get Out the Vote Cass County
We've marched, we've called our members of Congress and we've posted all over social media NOW it's time to get your family, friends, and neighbors to the polls to VOTE on November 6th.
Between now and November 6th we'll be canvassing, making phone calls, writing postcards and dropping literature all over Cass County, but we NEED your participation to reach our goals.
Come to our headquarters in Peculiar between 10:00 am and 7:00 pm Monday thru Friday and 10:00 am until 5:00 pm on Saturdays to Get Out the Vote.
Do you still need to register to vote? (Deadline October 10th)
Register at the County Clerks Office in person - 102 E. Wall, Harrisonville, MO
Register at the DMV in person - 325 Main St, Belton, MO
Do you need an Absentee Ballot?
Mail or fax form OR vote absentee in person at:
Cass County, County Clerk's Office
102 E. Wall, Harrisonville, MO 64701
FAX (816) 380-8101
Acceptable Voter ID in Missouri
Do you need assistance voting? Do you need a ride to your polling location or to vote absentee?
At our meeting Thursday night the Cass County Central Democratic Committee voted to endorse the following measures on the November 6th Ballot:
Amendment 1 - Clean Missouri
- Eliminate almost all lobbyist gifts in the General Assembly
- Require that legislative records be open to the public
- Lower campaign contribution limits for state legislative candidates
- Require politicians to wait two years before becoming lobbyists
- Ensure that neither political party is given an unfair advantage when new maps are drawn after the next census
Amendment 2 - New Approach Missouri
- allow the use of marijuana for medical purposes, and create regulations and licensing/certification procedures for marijuana and marijuana facilities;
- impose a 4 percent tax on the retail sale of marijuana; and
- use funds from these taxes for health and care services for military veterans by the Missouri Veterans Commission and to administer the program to license/certify and regulate marijuana and marijuana facilities
Proposition B - Raise Up MO
- increase the state minimum wage to $8.60 per hour with 85 cents per hour increase each year until 2023, when the state minimum wage would be $12.00 per hour;
- exempt government employers from the above increase; and
- increase the penalty for paying employees less than the minimum wage