Cass County Treasurer
Incumbent – Steve Cheslik
Term – 4 years
Salary – $64,207.92
Filing begins on Feb. 25th and the filing deadline is March 31, 2020. The general election will be held on November 3, 2020. A primary is scheduled for August 4, 2020.
- 21 years of age
- Resident of the county for one year prior to the date of the general election
- Registered voter
- Is not delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, ---personal property taxes, real property taxes on the place of residence as stated in the declaration of candidacy
- Upon election to such office, the person shall continue to reside in that county during his or her tenure in office.
- Each candidate for county treasurer shall also provide to the election authority a copy of a signed affidavit from a surety company authorized to do business in this state indicating that the candidate meets the bond requirements for the office of county treasurer.
- Has not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America.
- Has not been convicted of or found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under the laws of Missouri or another state.
- Manage County Checking Account:
- Cash accounting for 57 different county funds
- Disburse and reconcile all county checks
- Reconcile all funds and entire checking account on a monthly basis
- Receipt all money received by county (excluding property tax, which is receipted by the Collector)
- Invest monies not needed for day to day operations of the county
- Inform Commissioners of county's financial status on a regular basis
- Administrate payroll for the county's 250 employees
Other County Provided Benefits
- Lagers Retirement Pension- vesting at 5 years
- CERF Retirement Pension- officeholder or employee must pay 4% of earnings into this, vesting at 8 years
- County pays $425 per month toward employee/officeholder health insurance premium. Premiums differ depending on the health plan one choses.
- County pays $100 per month toward a Health Savings Account for those employees/officeholders that choose our High Deductible Health Plan.
- County pays for life insurance policy that covers $50,000 for the employee/officeholder, $5,000 for spouse, and $2,500 dependent children.
- County pays for employee/officeholder $50,000 accidental death and dismemberment policy.
- County pays for "Teledoc" mobile phone app for all employees/officeholders.
- County pays up to $150 of unreimbursed dental/vision expenses for all employees/officeholders.
- CERF Retirement Savings plan through Empower Retirement
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Insurances through Aflac
- Legal Insurance
- Harrisonville Community Center Membership