Missouri State Senate
(Cass Precincts All)
Incumbent – None
Term – 4 years
Salary – $35,915/yr. $115.20/day per diem while in session
The regular session of the Missouri Senate runs from January – May. The filing deadline is March 31, 2020. The general election will be held on November 3, 2020. A primary is scheduled for August 4, 2020.
- At least 30 years of age
- Qualified Missouri voter for 3 years before election
- Resident of the district which he is chosen to represent for 1 year before election
- Is not delinquent in the payment of any state income taxes, personal property taxes, municipal taxes, real property taxes on the place of residence as stated in the declaration of candidacy
- Is not a past or present corporate officer of any fee office that owes any taxes to the state
- Has not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony or misdemeanor under the federal laws of the United States of America
- Has not been found guilty of or pled guilty to a felony under the laws of this state or an offense committed in another state that would be considered a felony in this state
- In addition to any other penalties provided by law, no person may file for any office in a subsequent election until he or the treasurer of his existing candidate committee has filed all required campaign disclosure reports for all prior elections
The Missouri State Senate is the upper chamber of the Missouri General Assembly. Alongside the Missouri House of Representatives, it forms the legislative branch of the Missouri state government and works alongside the governor of Missouri to create laws and establish a state budget. Legislative authority and responsibilities of the Missouri House of Representatives include passing bills on public policy matters, setting levels for state spending, raising and lowering taxes, and voting to uphold or override gubernatorial vetoes.