The pandemic and the associated economic crisis have had a severe impact on Missouri.
The need for action is clear:
• Since the pandemic began, more than 480,913 people have been infected with COVID-19 and more than 8,161 people have died.
• The unemployment rate is 4.4%, up from 3.6% before the pandemic.
• Since February 2020, more than 68,416 fewer people are employed.
• 384,000 adults – 9% of all adults in the state – report not having enough food to eat. This includes 132,000 adults living with children, or 8% of all adults living with children, who report that the children in their household do not have enough to eat.
• An estimated 206,000 renters or 17% of renters are not caught up on rent.
• An estimated 1,350,000 adults or 31% of all adults statewide report having difficulty covering normal household expenses.
President Biden’s American Rescue Plan will provide Missouri with:
• $2.838 billion in state fiscal relief
• $2.237 billion in local fiscal relief
• More than $2.010 billion in relief for K-12 schools
• Economic impact payments of up to $1,400 per person (above the $600 per person provided in December) for more than 3,977,000 adults and 1,505,700 children. This is 90% of all adults in the state and 89% of all children in the state.
• Additional relief of up to $1,600 per child through the Child Tax Credit to the families of 1,262,000 children, lifting 73,000 children out of poverty
• Additional relief of up to nearly $1,000 through the Earned Income Tax Credit to 361,000 childless workers, including many in frontline jobs
• Marketplace health insurance premiums that are $1,503 lower per month for a 60-year old couple earning $75,000 per year
So the next time you see Blunt, Hartzler, or Hawley pushing their lies, show them the truth! #HelpIsHere
Do you like this post?